Monday, May 14, 2012

While You Were Sleeping



Sometimes, when I listen to music, I get these flashbacks to a different time and place, of a world that I know doesn’t exist, but for a split second it seems so real…
When I listen to this song it reminds me of a dream I once had. I remember it was night time, in the winter, I was little… it might have even been Christmas eve. My family was all in a car together, everyone was quiet,  and I was sitting in the back of the car with a present on my lap, all wrapped up with a pretty bow on top. We pulled up to this this beautiful old house that looked like something out of a Trish Romance painting. It was snowing and the house was lit up beautifully with Christmas lights. My dad stopped the car, dropped only me off…and drove away. I remember standing there in my frilly dress holding the present in the snow all by myself staring up at the big house, I started to walk towards it… and then I woke up.



No comments:

Post a Comment